Wednesday, July 27, 2011

eRepublik + Shogi

eRepublik
These last few days, eRepublik has been bugging alot. It pisses me off. Well, the admins won't probably care about my opinion anyways.
And eIndonesia NE'd us again. "Training War" they say. I hope it's true. Or we'll get wiped out for the 2nd time this month. Way to go *cough* *cough*.

PAC members should go back to ePH at once and await for war!


So, I have started learning Shogi 2 days ago. What is Shogi? Well it's a Japanese variant of the famous game called CHESS.
However, Shogi is more complicated (IMO) because it has many differences compared to Chess but I think this one interesting rule makes it completely more challenging than Chess in terms of tactics/strategies: The "Drop" rule.
Quoting time : "Perhaps the enduring popularity of Shogi can be attributed to its 'drop rule'; it was the first chess variant wherein captured pieces could be returned to the board to be used as one's own. David Pritchard credits the drop rule to the practice of 16th century mercenaries who switched loyalties when captured—no doubt as an alternative to execution."

I have yet to buy a board and the pieces but I have found some various free websites where to play Shogi (either against AI or online). Well, I'm not yet good enough to be able to go online so don't except me meeting in some in case you'll get interested by it.

For those who are interested and don't know how to play, I recommend watching this guy's magnificent tutorial. If you keep watching, you'll see that I have no further need to discuss about it as he says almost everything.

Anyways, I think that's it for now... What should my next article talk about?

*H*

No comments:

Post a Comment